Freelance Journalist, Non Profit Marketing Industry
Craft & Commerce is dedicated to helping mission-driven organizations thrive in today’s complex, fast-evolving marketplace for attention. Our hands-on team delivers better, smarter paid and digital media strategies that empower nonprofits, foundations, public sector organizations, and purposeful brands to amplify their storytelling and drive real-world results.
We’re looking for a talented journalist to report on nonprofit advertising campaigns, marketing strategy, and paid media news for our agency’s recurring resource for mission-driven marketers, Dollars + Change.
We’re looking for a self-starter who can see professional newsletter writing through from desk research to final copy that is distributed through our bimonthly digital newsletter.
Your job will be to stay abreast of the latest daily news and pull out the stories and themes that would be most relevant to our audience. You will then be responsible for writing pieces focused on analyzing the news and what this news means to nonprofit marketers. These news pieces should look to inform our audience while providing unique high-level insights whenever possible.
- Staying abreast of daily business news and pitching several potential ideas for content pieces on a regular (weekly/daily) basis.
- Research and write nonprofit advertising coverage - “Campaign Monitor”
- Research and write feature stories - “Deep Dive”
- Research and write news synopsis - “Attention Trends”
- Collaborate tightly with the Craft & Commerce Dollars + Change team
- Producing high-quality content on a consistent basis
- Experience writing about a variety of business focused topics including the use of paid advertising
- Familiarity with nonprofit marketing and advertising
- Ability to write accurate news stories with clarity, voice, and context
- Ability to frame stories for a national digital audience of nonprofit marketing leaders
- Ability to copy edit, turning in clean, crisp and conversational copy on the first draft
- Ability to produce content on a frequent and regular basis
- College degree or equivalent
Interested? Let's talk. This position will be virtual and will require a commitment of approximately 12hrs/week.