Craft & Commerce is dedicated to helping mission-driven organizations thrive in today’s complex, fast-evolving marketplace for attention. Our hands-on team delivers better, smarter paid and digital media strategies that empower nonprofits, foundations, public sector organizations, and purposeful brands to amplify their storytelling and drive real-world results.
We’re looking for a sharp, ambitious Copywriter to work alongside our Creative Director in developing and executing creative for projects ranging from cross-platform ad campaigns, to content strategies, to new and refreshed branding, with a focus on current and emerging digital engagement opportunities.
In the Copywriter role, you’ll help advance some of the world’s leading causes through thoughtful, impactful messaging and marketing.
Ideal candidates will be ->
- Hungry to make an impact in the world
- Digital-first in your approach to crafting content and analyzing impact
- Excellent at writing in both short and long-form, as well as editing and proofing
- Well-versed in creating effective messaging across diverse audiences
- Able to apply both keen attention to detail and strategic, nuanced thinking
- Adept at balancing concurrent, fast-moving projects and deadline
We offer a flexible, balanced, self-driven culture. This role will begin as freelance. We’re building a strong remote work culture, with team members located across the country, and invite you to join us from a workspace of your choosing.
- Work with Creative and Account Directors to produce content for advertising campaigns, organic content, and brand development
- Shape a unique brand voice, tone, and approach based on audience and client goals
- Keep up with and advise around current events that could impact client communications
- Ensure consistency across all content, from websites to social media channels and videos
- Help develop a calendar of project deadlines and content launch dates
- Participate in the development and launch of new content channels
- Work with the marketing team to analyze content performance metrics, such as total attention time, click-through rate, and social follower growth, and apply those insights to improve existing content and develop better content ideas for the future
- Write and A/B test our web copy, including CTAs, value props, and landing pages
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field
- 5+ years of experience writing for an agency or freelance
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics
Interested? Let’s talk. We offer competitive compensation and, per above, a healthy dose of autonomy in how you shape your role and manage your workflow.